Monday 7 October 2019

A Misfit Among Misfits - The World Goes By In Waves

With the world all a mess I am dazed and confused
Of the future ahead as I am quite bemused
Each horror and scandal that is on the world news
Makes me sad and quite blue with these blues craving booze
My worries don’t lessen they just grow like long vines
And leave me quite empty trapped in downing confines
Left alone in my thoughts I recall a few words
From my mother so wise and so sweet like songbirds
“Remember my dear son this world goes by in waves
With the highs and the lows from our births to our graves”
Here we are at a low, the lowest of the lows
But it is just the thorn of our life, like a rose
Soon we will rise up to a nice peak of pure joy
To make up for the worst things that we can’t enjoy
Afterwards we will go down into a cesspool
That will get us all mad as we say “how uncool
We were just at a high so lovely in the sky
Now we’re back at a low…god damn I wanna die”
But don’t fret, calm right down, there is no need for that
See we’re now at the top, making all look like gnat
These cycles keep going and they don’t ever stop
With spinning our emotions like they were a top
It is fun and not so but one thing is for sure
The maxim of life’s waves is one that is secure

No comments:

Post a Comment