Friday 4 October 2019

A Misfit Among Misfits - The Break I Had In Time’s Rose Garden

A day comes to mind
In weeks that I pay no mind
Of how we understand
And cherish what we have
Existence, that common miracle
Made worse from harsh interactions
But rewarding in the long run
When we are able to find
Those universal connections

On that day I felt
A great shiver of kindness
Softness enveloping my essence
Time slowly drips
From a honeypot
Bathed in the bliss of simple love
For a moment chaos was a symphony
Playing inside my subconscious
That formed a melty core of warmth

Snapped out of this stasis
A cut from reality’s sword
Broken from my ignorance
I learn the duplicity of pain -
The physical bruised
Deeply to its core
But the core of the soul
Torn by its claws
Is what makes our presence known

No comments:

Post a Comment